Sep 21, 2017

Exclusively Pumping Mom

My baby daughter just turned 2 months old. I know that she is still just a tiny baby but I can't help but look back at our breastfeeding journey thus far.

I started out with hopes and dreams of nursing this perfect little baby. Getting to snuggle her, watch her milky smiles, and most importantly nurse while laying down in bed. But this is not what happened for us because I'm an exclusively pumping mom. 

An exclusively pumping mom means I pump my breastmilk out and feed it to my baby through a bottle. It also means I know everything about my breast pump and love looking at reviews about other pumps. It means I wash pump parts 100x a day and need an entirely separate deep freezer for all my extra breastmilk. I work hard providing milk for my baby by pumping every 2 hours during the day and every 3 hours at night. It does become tiring but it's so worth it. 

Sometimes our breastfeeding journeys don't go as planned and that's okay. We do what is best for our baby and family. For some that are directly nursing or pumping and for others it's formula feeding. No matter how our little ones are fed one thing is true about all of us, we love our babies. 

So if your breastfeeding goals didn't pan out for you just know you are not alone. All we can do as moms are try our hardest and do our best. Don't be so hard on yourself and just enjoy your baby. 

Remember that every drop of breastmilk you have been able to give to your baby counts! 

Tell me about your breastfeeding journey. Did it go as planned? Did you meet all your goals? How do you feel about it? 
Leave me a comment below!





No comments:

Post a Comment