Oct 12, 2017

BookShark Presentation

BookShark Box Day

Yesterday I had the opportunity to attend a presentation at our local library given by a BookShark representative. I am so happy I went and learned so many things. I am in my 2nd year of using BookShark in our homeschool and feel that now I can better use the materials for my children.
(To view our BookShark curriculum click here and/or here)

If you don't know what BookShark is, it's a literature-based, faith natural, curriculum. It's a wonderful curriculum for children and teens to get soaked in good books that will enrich their education in all subjects. Our family loves this company.

Back to the presentation.

Our representative name was Lynne, also a homeschool mom. She touched on many key points like
  • Choosing appropriate levels
  • Effectively using the binder
  • Easy way to organize all the books
  • BookShark Level K Reader 2016
  • Tips and tricks

And so much more!
What I took away the most from this was the 20/10 rule. The 20/10 rule is when you homeschool your child for 20 minutes straight with no distractions. After the time is up the child can get up and go to the bathroom, get a snack, run around, anything that they need to do. Once the 10 minutes is up, it's back to getting school work done for another 20 minutes. I plan to use this rule for my younger kids.

All in all, it was a great presentation and I feel that Lynne did a wonderful job. I walked out of the library more confident about our curriculum choices and will be getting our 11yr old on BookShark ASAP.
If you ever have the opportunity to attend a BookShark presentation, GO! You will not be disappointed.


3 comments:

  1. I am so happy that we had this opportunity yesterday. I definitely learned a few tricks to try! I can't wait to check out the new materials you are getting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited! It will be so much easier having them all on one program. Now I need to get Brayden on TT.

      Delete
    2. Talk to Tracy. I am pretty sure she said she has TT 3!

      Delete